A day in a life of me? mhmm thats ratchet
Is this what you’re eating for Fridays, especially during Lent? If so, then you might want to reconsider the reasons behind our Lenten promises.
The idea behind abstaining from meat on Fridays (Every Friday!) is to regard them as a mini-Good Friday, the day on which Christ gave up His flesh and blood for our salvation. But especially during Lent it’s generally good to refrain from extravagance, much like the way many give up alcoholic drink or other luxuries during this time.
So what’s left to eat on Fridays? Some friends of mine gave up meat for all of Lent. What do they do, without going to Long John Silvers all the time?
Easy. The internet’s full of food nerds with vegetarian or vegan meal ideas. Seriouseats.com did a whole four weeks of going vegan and compiled their recipes. Search any food blog! Or, here are a few ideas you can use (mostly from serious eats, also).
- grilled cheese sandwiches. Experiment with different cheeses, or add veggies, tomatoes, kimchi, or enjoy it with tomato soup.
- roast some veggies! Add olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, whatever! Just don’t cook until mushy.
- Spanish tortilla/torta. Wanna cut down on prep and cook time? Scramble some eggs, but before you cook them, add green onions and a handful of thick-cut potato chips, then cook, flipping once. I tried this the other day - the chips don’t always stay crisp, but you get great potato flavor without having to peel, slice, and fry your own.
-kimchi fried rice. Chop up some kimchi, fry some day-old rice, and stir them together. Top with an egg if you want.
- pasta! Mac n cheese goes well with salsa, or kimchi again lol. Marinara, pesto, or even just olive oil and garlic are great options to dress your pasta.
- bake a po-ta-to!
- buy some frozen, raw shrimp and cook briefly with garlic, and/or tomatoes. Make a sandwich or serve over rice.
- quesadillas. Pretty much anything that works with grilled cheese works here, too. Try adding black beans or mushrooms!
- greeeeens. Try a kale or spinach salad.
- with all these Catholics on tumblr, ask around!
perfect for my meatless lent ;D
I honestly expect reblogs from all of my followers that are online right now. I don’t care what kind of blog you have, this is important to me.
I never reblog these, EVER. But this one is powerful. I had to.
this is really powerful, i dont give two shits what blog you have, this deserves to be reblogged by everyone.